Saint Luke Lutheran Church was founded in 1915 in the New Edinburgh neighbourhood of Ottawa as a member congregation of the Canadian District of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod. With the establishment of the Lutheran Church Canada (LCC), Saint Luke became part of the Ottawa circuit within the LCC East District.
From the beginning, Saint Luke has been honoured to serve the spiritual needs of the community of New Edinburgh. The early congregation came from the many German speaking families in the area. The congregational makeup has changed along with that of the neighbourhood and community over the years since its establishment. German services gradually gave way to English. In 2015 St. Luke celebrated 100 years of service to our community. With God's grace, we hope that service will continue long into the future. Our congregation is served full time by our pastor, Rev. Dr. Bryan King.